Annual Golf Classic
Lake Forest Golf Course
Monday, October 5, 2020 through December 5, 2020
Chair: John Barber, Day Spring board member
Important Update on the Golf Classic! Please Read!
The Golf Classic is our most important fundraising event. Not much seems to be going according to plan in 2020, and this includes our plans for the Annual Day Spring Golf Classic. We have made the hard decision to host it in a socially distanced way. While we would much prefer to hold a traditional golf scramble, this creative approach will allow us to hold the event, but do so in a way that keeps our sponsors, players, volunteers, and staff safe. Here at Day Spring, we have been following strict protocols to keep our residents and staff safe; it makes sense to approach our events in the same way.
• Sponsors, teams, and players will all receive packets that include a booklet that features sponsors and supporters in lieu of signage we would normally have on the course.
• We will also be recognizing these supporters on our social media platforms and in our paper newsletter.
• We're providing the opportunity to supply copy to you/your company to use in communications. If interested, please contact Rebecca Waskevich at firstname.lastname@example.org.
So how does a socially distant golf scramble work?
• Team captains will make a reservation to play between October 5th and December 5th, 2020, at Lake Forest Country Club.
• Following their rounds of golf, the players will turn in their scorecards to the pro shop. (Should they choose to play and not be part of the scramble, that is fine as well.)
• After December 5th the golf pro will tally the scorecards and notify Day Spring of the winners, and we, in turn, will announce the winner and acknowledge them.
• Sponsors, teams, and players will all receive packets that include a booklet with all the rules and guidelines of this year's Golf Classic.
• Each player will receive lunch & beverage vouchers in their packet since we will not be able to provide meals as we typically would do.
All proceeds benefit Day Spring’s mission to empower adults with developmental disabilities to live fulfilling lives.
Register here to play or sponsor our golf tournament.
Buy raffle tickets here for a chance to win up to a $5,000 cash prize! The raffle is 50/50 up to $5,000. Raffle tickets are $100; only 200 tickets will be sold. Drawing held on October 5, 2020. Need not be present to win. Tickets can be purchased until noon on October 5, 2020.